At Inspec Systems we are committed to processing personal information about our customers in ways that comply with our legal obligations as well as being clear with our customers about what we do with their personal information.
We are Inspec Systems Limited of Sidings House, Sidings Business Park, Freightliner Rd, Hull HU3 4XA. We share your concern about the protection of your personal information and are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
This Privacy Statement covers information we collect about you. Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated.
We will be the “controller” of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
1. Personal information that we collect
We collect a range of personal information relating to you including:
- your name
- business address
- email address
- telephone number
- payment information
- IP address
- any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you make contact with us
2. How we collect and store your personal information
We use a variety of methods to collect personal information and these include:
- Telephone / Fax
- Face to face
- Trade fairs, exhibitions, events
- From third parties
- Publicly available sources
- Social Media
All personal information collected is stored on our secure server. Inspec personnel only have access to the information required to complete their tasks i.e. Accounts personnel have access to financial details which is not accessible by other persons.
3. How we use your personal information
Inspec Systems uses and stores your data in accordance with the lawful basis set out within data protection law. The lawful basis which apply are consent, contract, legal and legitimate interest. Data will not be retained for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. Information is used as detailed in the following sections.
3.1. Inspec Employees, Contractors and Subcontractors
Inspec will hold and process such information as is necessary to manage the relations ship with all prospective, current and previous employees, contractors and subcontractors as is required under our contractual and legal requirements.
Such information is predominantly direct from personnel, but may also include additional sources such as management appraisals and third party feedback such as Client feedback and references.
Information relating to health, absence and similar topics may also be required in order to comply with Health and Safety legislation and to manage any additional payments for example sickness, paternity pay and maternity pay.
Training records, competency and previous projects may also be recorded in the form of a ‘short form’ CV and made available to existing and prospective Clients.
Inspec will only share information to third parties where required to do so for legal reasons.
3.3. Clients and Customers
Inspec will hold and process such information as is necessary to manage the effective delivery of services to previous Clients, current Clients and prospective Clients (from whom we have received an enquiry) under our contractual and legal requirements.
Inspec may also contact previous Clients, current Clients and prospective Clients to update them with our services and products where we identify they have a legitimate interest in the related information. You can choose to opt out of receiving this information from us at any time, just email email@example.com with the heading of Unsubscribe.
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by phone, email and post, as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences that you have provided to us.
We will only send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email or post:
- where you have consented to this; or
- we believe you to have a legitimate interest in our products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional.
You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading of Unsubscribe.
4. Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal basis we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
- where you have provided your consent: for direct marketing communications in respect of our own products and services, including in respect of marketing communications sent by electronic means (e.g. email);
- for the performance of a contract with you (such as a contract for the provision of goods and services) or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract;
- to comply with legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation, complaints and investigations or litigation;
- to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person, e.g. where you or they are seriously injured or ill, or
- for our legitimate interests in:
- management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you
- operating our website and
- our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, to ensure the quality of our products and services, investigating and responding to queries and complaints, obtaining credit references and credit checks, providing payment performance data to credit reference agencies, risk management, recruitment and training of our personnel, and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others).
5. How we share your personal information
When we use your personal information for the purposes specified above, we may share it with:
- our data processors, Arrival Design
- third party providers and agents we appoint as our sales agents or to perform services on our behalf, who are provided with access to certain Inspec Systems customer account details in order to process sales or provide services on our behalf
- our accountants, auditors, lawyers or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice;
- emergency services in the event that we need to report accidents or incidents or request emergency assistance;
- any Government Department, public body or other third party where we believe in good faith that the law requires this; in the interests of public health and safety; or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Inspec Systems Ltd, its employees or others;
- any other third parties, only if authorised by you to do so.
The performance of services by our third party service provider(s) may be subject to a separate privacy statement provided to you by the relevant third party. You should read any such statement carefully.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes, and;
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your electronic information once this is no longer needed and shred any hardcopy information held.
8. Links to third party websites
Our website may contain links to other Internet websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices nor the content of such websites, including such sites use of any personal information. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with our website (or who claims association with our website) who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact email@example.com we will be happy to forward your message to the third party.
If we sponsor promotions, or third parties sponsor promotions in conjunction with our website, either we or the third party will post relevant privacy information in the official rules and/or registration area for the promotion. That privacy information, to the extent (if any) it conflicts with this Privacy Statement, will govern that particular promotion.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process, including Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL“ or “Secure Socket Layer“ technology) to encode personal information that you send to us through our website. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that‘s transferred over the SSL connection. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal information to us, please look at your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer to us over the Internet.
10. Your rights
The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request, that we are allowed and required to do so under data protection laws. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under data protection laws.
- The right to be informed - You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access - You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we’re processing it), and other certain information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Statement) about how it is used.
This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your personal information in accordance with data protection law.
We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person‘s rights.
- The right to rectification - You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete. E.g. if we have the wrong name for you.
- The right to erasure - This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim.
- The right to restrict processing - You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Inspec Systems Ltd or by a third party. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override [your] interests, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling - You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions. Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns and to have the decision reviewed.
- Updating this statement - We review our privacy practices from time to time. We ask that you bookmark and periodically review this page for updates to our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to modify this policy effective seven days after the posting of the revised Privacy Statement.
11. Contact us
For further information regarding these rights, about this Privacy Statement generally or to make a complaint please contact our Business Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01482 898080.
Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the information you are requesting, the action you are wanting us to take and why you believe this action should be taken.
Before assessing your request, we may request additional information in order to identify you. If you do not provide the requested information and, as a result we are not in a position to identify you, we may refuse to action your request.
We will generally respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. We can extend this period by an additional two months if this is necessary taking into account the complexity and number of requests that you have submitted.
We will not charge you for such communications or actions we take, unless:
- you request additional copies of your personal data undergoing processing, in which case we may charge for our reasonable administrative costs, or
- you submit manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, in particular because of their repetitive character, in which case we may either: (a) charge for our reasonable administrative costs; or (b) refuse to act on the request.
If after contacting Inspec Systems Ltd you are still unhappy you may also complain to the Information Commissioner, all contact details are available on the Information Commissioner‘s Website: ico.org.uk
Updating your preferences and opting out
If you wish to stop receiving communications from us, you can update your preferences by clicking here.