Safe and effective electrical systems
Electrical compliance is a fundamental requirement of the EAWR (Electricity at Work Regulations 1989), and places a legal duty on all employers to install and maintain safe and effective electrical systems within their workplaces.
Achieving and ensuring compliance can be a troublesome exercise for businesses which do not possess specific electrical engineering competencies, particularly at managerial levels.
At Inspec Systems, we have applied our knowledge and experience to help a number of clients to meet their EAWR obligations. From initial site survey, assessment and verification of system strength and capability, through delivery of maintenance and fixed wire testing regimes. Further support in the development of policies, safe systems of work and training help our clients to ensure compliance going forward.
A recent project involved assisting a top tier COMAH site to achieve electrical compliance through:
- Initial survey and gap analysis,
- Electrical Risk Assessment and prioritising improvements,
- Review and development of procedures and competencies within the organisation,
- Delivery of a structured improvement plan,
- Ongoing support along the route to compliance.
Calling us today could be your first step on the road to a safer and compliant workplace.