DCS Engineer Wanted!
We currently have an opportunity for a control systems engineer to work as part of our Controls, Automation and Integration team delivering specialist Emerson Delta V Support. The role would include the development of hardware and software solutions for existing and new plants. Inspec Systems operate from the Head Office in Hull and predominantly service clients within the Hull and Humber Region although offer services nationally and internationally.
The position would be on either a contract or employed basis for an initial period of 12 months
- Educated to degree level within EC&I discipline or HNC with work experience.
- High levels of experience with Emerson Delta V and SIS (preferable) working on live systems and developing systems from scratch
- Experience around hazardous areas/equipment, safety instrumentation, DCS/PLC based control systems and electrical drives/controls
- PLC/HMI Programming of Siemens, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley control systems
- Hardware selection and specification
- Design, construction, wiring, commissioning of modifications associated with control systems.
- Devise and implement control strategies.
- Must be confident in problem solving and have the ability to resolve complex issues
- Good planning and organisation skills and demonstrate project knowledge
- Excellent communications skills and confident building relationships.
- Thorough process control engineering experience including site work.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Functional Safety Training / Qualification
- ATEX/DSEAR Training / Qualification
- Ability to develop new control systems and software from scratch
- Ability to diagnose and fault find existing control systems and software
- Experience within the chemical industry
- Commission equipment in the field.
- Carry out feasibility studies on behalf of Clients and recommends courses of action in order for client to overcome plant and control problems.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of other DCS systems (and the ability to assimilate quickly through training)
For more information on the above role or that of Instrument Technician call Diane on 07804 242613 or email your CV to email@example.com